About Me

My photo
Thanks for visiting! My name is Lori and I am married to my high school sweetheart and have 2 beautiful girls. What is 'Life With Sugar & Spice'? It's a blog where I will share everything from my faith in Jesus Christ and my girls (sugar and spice) to thrifting and decorating! I started it as a way to showcase our everyday life to family out of town!
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Learning to let Go

Many of you know that I struggle with the feeling that my house has to be "show ready" at all times.  Ya know, the pillows straightened, the baseboards dusted, and the counters mess-free.  In fact, many days all I do is pick up and organize.


Schooling my girls has rocked my world, because I just can't do it all.  I've had to let go of a lot lately...the pillows just can't always be perfect, the dining room always looks as if a tornado hit it and well, the kitchen, it's always a mess.  Oh, and that playroom project?  Um, still not done!

I guess you could say that now I'm learning to let go.  And I'm learning to ask for help.  I'm still a work in progress.

Last week I had a migraine.  I don't typically get them, so to say that I don't deal well with that sort of pain would be an understatement.  It literally knocked me out for almost 3 days and I was forced to let things go.  It absolutely killed me to go to bed and wake up to this the next morning:




If you ring my doorbell, you will not see the picked up home I'm accustomed to.  However, you will see a lived in home, where my children play, and that's ok with me....at least for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment