About Me

My photo
Thanks for visiting! My name is Lori and I am married to my high school sweetheart and have 2 beautiful girls. What is 'Life With Sugar & Spice'? It's a blog where I will share everything from my faith in Jesus Christ and my girls (sugar and spice) to thrifting and decorating! I started it as a way to showcase our everyday life to family out of town!
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Greatest Show on Earth

The month of February is not my favorite month.  Why, might you ask?  Well, let me tell you,  it is typically rainy, cold and yucky here in Atlanta and I do not like that kind of weather.  I do not.  I usually end up in a funk which is code for grumpy.  The month does have a couple nice days...like my birthday and Valentines Day.  Oh and winter break for the girls.

This year, the weather has actually been quite mild and winter break translates into a break for me since there is no school work to teach.  Woo, hoo!  So, this year February hasn't been all that bad.    However, we usually spend winter break in sunny Orlando, and well, for many reasons (budget, old van, etc.) we are staying put this year.  That makes me sad, but we're making the most of it.

That said, we started off the break this year with tickets to "The Greatest Show on Earth."  Or as most know it, the Ringling Bro's and Barnum Bailey Circus!  Unfortunately the Hubs couldn't join us, but Uncle Kris offered to drive us all and so we went (I do not drive downtown and those of you that witness my driving know why).




  Since I was so deprived as a child (hee hee I kid!) and have never been to the circus, I had no idea what to expect.  Let me just say that I was like a little girl again, mesmerized by the show!


We attended the pre-show which was well worth the early departure.  The girls were able to meet a few performers and walk down on the main floor where all the animals would later poop.  And yes, that was my thought as we were standing on the floor. 

The elephants amazed me as they stood on their back lets and even circled around.  It was like Dumbo come to life!  


This is my favorite picture...Rylie took it and I'm thinking she just loved the lady's hair do....I joke!




For our cheap $11 tickets we had fabulous seats close to the floor thanks to Aunt Tamara!


The girls sat entertained the entire time.  I was so proud of them, not because they sat still ( uhh, they should it's not like they are toddlers), but because they never asked for a thing.  I mean seriously, they know I'm not going to shell out $10 for an icee in an animal cup, nor am I going to pay $7 for popcorn.  They were more than content with the granola bars I smuggled in!




No comments:

Post a Comment