About Me

My photo
Thanks for visiting! My name is Lori and I am married to my high school sweetheart and have 2 beautiful girls. What is 'Life With Sugar & Spice'? It's a blog where I will share everything from my faith in Jesus Christ and my girls (sugar and spice) to thrifting and decorating! I started it as a way to showcase our everyday life to family out of town!
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 2, 2011

First Cheer Game and a Little Starstruck

It's hard to believe that we have completed 4 weeks of school!  Wow, to say it has flown by would be an understatement.  Anyhoo, Chloe is cheering for the school flag football team and last night was the first game.

I first must admit how big of a dork I am in that I had no idea she would be cheering for anything at all.  I thought it was just a club.  Why, would I think this?  Well, cheer is an elective class we pay for her take just like say, PE.  So, yes when I got the email that we would cheer at 5pm and again at 6pm I was a little shocked!  That would mean not only would I work at the school all day, but stay until almost 7:30 pm!!!!!!! And my friends got a good laugh as they asked what exactly I thought the girls would learn cheers for if they weren't cheering for a team.  Again, yes, I'm a dork!


Any rate, it was a fabulous crazy day and Chloe did very well and I was so proud of her.  She just "fit" right in with all those girls.  Those girls that for some, had been at the school for years.  For some, that had known each other a long time.  She was comfortable, relaxed and truly happy. 

Watching her cheer, seeing her gorgeous smile, and her sweet laugh showed me that we made the right choice in changing schools.  Seeing her happier than she had been in awhile meant more to me than anything I could ask for. 

Ok, so as I hold back a tear, let me tell you why she was star struck. So there's this guy who is a Christian singer.  And well, his kids attend our school.

Here's a picture of him (and if you still don't know who he is his band starts with a T___ and a D______)


When Chloe saw him she had this look of amazement and I must admit so did I.  She giggled and tried so hard to act normal, but she just couldn't contain her excitement. And I missed a great kodak moment...erg!

What was neat for me was to see this amazing Christian artist as just a normal dad.  Watching his son play football.  And his wife....simple too.  Just ordinary folks with an amazing GOD given talent.

And no, I did not take a picture of him.  That would be totally ridiculous and rude.  But, I wanted too :) Hey, I am human ya know!

So in honor of being startstruck, here's a song from said artist:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment