About Me

My photo
Thanks for visiting! My name is Lori and I am married to my high school sweetheart and have 2 beautiful girls. What is 'Life With Sugar & Spice'? It's a blog where I will share everything from my faith in Jesus Christ and my girls (sugar and spice) to thrifting and decorating! I started it as a way to showcase our everyday life to family out of town!
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Wheres the Beef

Cheesey title I know, but I couldn't resist.  Our family has begun a healthy food journey that includes changing the type of meat and poultry products we eat.  That being said, sometimes it's just plain ridiculous to not accept something based on what we'd prefer to eat. 

The Hubs' uncle is a truck driver and often has opportunities to purchase large quantities of items at really low prices.  We don't see him often, but when we do he typically has something to deliver to us.  This last visit it was 93 percent lean ground beef.  While it may not be our preferred grass fed beef, it was nearly free to us so to not accept it would be silly.  Especially since we just emerged from 10 plus months of unemployment and 40 pounds of beef could make a ton of meals!

So, here's the beef, packaged up into about 40 ziplock bags!  Some we kept, some we gave away.



No comments:

Post a Comment