About Me

My photo
Thanks for visiting! My name is Lori and I am married to my high school sweetheart and have 2 beautiful girls. What is 'Life With Sugar & Spice'? It's a blog where I will share everything from my faith in Jesus Christ and my girls (sugar and spice) to thrifting and decorating! I started it as a way to showcase our everyday life to family out of town!
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, June 29, 2012

The Last of the Sunshine State Visit

While in the Sunshine State we had several fun activities planned, but we also just enjoyed time spending with friends and family.

Since moving to the Peach State, I've made incredible friends and have been blessed beyond measure. However, there are a few friends that I miss to pieces.

While I didn't get to visit all the gals on my list, luckily, we squeezed in a few visits.  First up, was a quick day at the beach visiting L & A.  Love these ladies.  We met in our young married class, Soul Train, at First Baptist Church Orlando and grew incredible friendships as we started families and figured out married life.  These ladies encouraged me both as a very young momma and alongside me on my walk with God.  In fact, L was in the delivery room when I had Ry. I was blessed to have her as my baby nurse that day! 

While I didn't snag pics of these sweet gals, I did snag some pics of our kiddos.  Yes, you all ready know I'm always behind the camera not in front! Not to mention that I managed to burn the crud out of my hand that morning with coffee and spent the day clutching an ice pack!

Anyhoo, these kiddos have been friends since birth. Literally!  So I'm always amazed at how much they change year to year!


Next up, was a visit to my friend M.  She's another friend that I met in that same church group and again, has encouraged me through the years.  I'm so blessed by her wisdom and friendship.  We joke that we live mirror lives...her in FL, and me in GA.  She's that friend that when the dumb stuff in life happens (like blowing a tire on the interstate, or losing a piece of your van in the parking lot), she's there to laugh with me and make me feel better by sharing something similar!  Again, no pics of us two, but here are the kiddos:






Speaking of First Baptist Church of Orlando, we managed to squeeze in a visit to enjoy their incredible worship service.  It has been nearly 6 years since I have been able to sit in those pews.  Sadly, my girls don't even remember our home church!  I made it my mission to visit and take a trip down memory lane.  I told them how I gave my life to Christ and was baptized there, their Daddy and I had been married there, and they were dedicated there.  I told them about the most incredible Sunday School teachers we had, Mr. and Mrs. A and how they were the most amazing Godly family I had ever met.  To this day, I still thank God for their wisdom and showing me what God can do with a family when he is placed in the center!  Sweet memories.

So, I couldn't resist taking a few photos:





Of course the first thing the girls said, was, "It's huge!!!!!"  Yes, it is!  Seats about 6,000 I believe and when we left they had about 12,000 members.  Compare that with our little church here in GA in which we meet in a high school and it's hard to believe we used to attend such a large church!

Lastly, I was able to meet my new cousin, Sophia.  What a doll baby. She is absolutely scrumptious and I could just squeeze her all day long! Unfortunately, my sweet girls hogged her the entire time we saw her!  Next visit, she's all mine!


As you can see, this trip to FL was filled to the brim with memories!  Reflecting on all we did reminds me how blessed my little life is and how thankful I am.  Life is good!

other posts in this series include:

Visiting Grandma's B&B 
Orange Lake Resort


No comments:

Post a Comment