About Me

My photo
Thanks for visiting! My name is Lori and I am married to my high school sweetheart and have 2 beautiful girls. What is 'Life With Sugar & Spice'? It's a blog where I will share everything from my faith in Jesus Christ and my girls (sugar and spice) to thrifting and decorating! I started it as a way to showcase our everyday life to family out of town!
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Visiting Grandma's B&B

We are home!  Had a blast in the sunshine state visiting family and friends, but after 17 days, I'm so glad to have had to have a couple nice nights of sleep in my own bed.

When we travel to Orlando, we are blessed to stay at Grandma's B&B.  My grandparents are the ultimate hosts taking care of every meal and watching the girls so I can visit friends and run errands.  That coupled with my mother bringing over bags and bags of goodies daily, makes for a very pampered stay!

Grandma's house is a very special place to me and I'm overjoyed that my girls get to make the same memories there that I did.  I grew up walking to Grandma's nearly every summer day, swimming in the lake, driving the paddle boat, fishing, and just having good ole fashion outside fun!  Grandma always took care of us as if we were her own kiddos.  She was good at it too, for she raised 8! Yes, 8 and currently 6 of the 8 range from 50 to 55.  Two sets of them are the same age for about a week and there are no twins.  Now do that math!

This visit brought the same memories for my girls that I had growing up.  And it was a pleasure to watch them just play.


The girls fished in the lake, caught minnows, and swam.  It made me smile to see grandma sitting in the chair watching them giggle.  She had to remind them that the ooey, gooey, bottom was perfectly fine and I often heard her say, "your mother swam in this lake all the time." That I did, and fun it was!



The famous paddle boat...we used to take this baby to the middle of the lake and jump off.  Last one off had to drive it back!  I'm pretty sure I was the last one off.










 


You can see that Grandma's B&B offers a humble, sweet, cozy place to relax, unwind and enjoy the simple things in life!

Thanks Grandma & Grandpa for taking such great care of us!  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment