About Me

My photo
Thanks for visiting! My name is Lori and I am married to my high school sweetheart and have 2 beautiful girls. What is 'Life With Sugar & Spice'? It's a blog where I will share everything from my faith in Jesus Christ and my girls (sugar and spice) to thrifting and decorating! I started it as a way to showcase our everyday life to family out of town!
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Praying For a Soldier

http://reachingthethirties.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/usa-flag1.jpg
It's hard to believe that here in Georgia, we're all ready in the hustle and bustle of getting our children ready for school!  Summer is officially coming to a close and we'll be back into the swing of schedules and books.

In just a few weeks, our children will go back to school and begin their day by reciting these words:

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

It's a perfect time to remind our children (and ourselves) that the flag stands for freedom.  And freedom comes with a price.  It's not truly free at all.  We have thousands upon thousands of men and women who have lost their lives protecting our country.  Regardless of how you feel about the war, our men and women are sacrificing more than I could ever imagine serving our country.

Would you please join me in praying for them? Praying for protection, for peace, and for their families.  For the unbelievable sacrifice these soldiers make and the sacrifices their families make while they are away.

Specifically would you please pray for this sweet couple below?  

 

Major Mac (as the little kiddos call him) flies black hawk helicopters for the National Guard.  He is deployed in Afghanistan for about a year flying with a medical team.  I'm not sure of the details as I'm bad with all the lingo!
 
Please pray for protection for him.  That he would be clothed daily in God's armor.  That God would not only protect his physical body, but his mind as well.  That God would use him to share the gospel.  

Please also pray for his incredible wife, A.  She has been Chloe's teacher at church for years and is a sweet woman of God.  She has been such a blessing to our family as she has planted seeds in Chloe's heart that are now bearing fruit. 

Pray that she would be encouraged on difficult days and that she would be able to rest in God's perfect peace.

Thank you for joining me in prayer!

xo

Lori

1 comment: