About Me

My photo
Thanks for visiting! My name is Lori and I am married to my high school sweetheart and have 2 beautiful girls. What is 'Life With Sugar & Spice'? It's a blog where I will share everything from my faith in Jesus Christ and my girls (sugar and spice) to thrifting and decorating! I started it as a way to showcase our everyday life to family out of town!
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tree House Update

Remember when I wrote about the tree house Hubs was building here?  Well, it's near completion so I thought I'd share some updates.

As far as tree houses go, it's big. In fact, I'm a little fearful at what the neighbors will say once the trees lose their leaves!

But then again, I really don't care!  I just can't wait to witness the memories that will be made!

I must also add that I've restrained my self from adding cute little pink gingham curtains, flower pots to the front door and all things girlie.  At least for now!

So, without further ado, here it is:
this is what it looked like in June when we left for FL



rope ladder for Rylie

side ladder for Chloe


just proof it really is a TREE house!


door from inside...see those light switches?  yes, they are the only kids with colored LED lights in their tree house! 

inside back of tree house




love the door handle




grandpa made the railing...how stinking cool is that?




So there you have it!  The hundred hour tree house...hee hee!  I have no idea how many hours went  into it's building, but it's definitely built with sweat and love.  My husband totally rocks and has definitely won daddy of the year with this project!  We've even had a family beg their dad to pay the Hubs to build a replica.  Too bad we'd have to charge like a million dollars!  

There are still some finishing touches like paint and/or stain, some interior decorating and maybe a swing or hammock underneath.  Ry wants to paint the inside crazy colors like neon pink and blue, so we'll see what we end up with!

Of course I did tell the Hubs that if we ever move, the tree house has to come with us.  I'm thinking we'll never be moving! 

Can't wait to see the girls get in there and start playing inside. My brother and his family are on their way up for a visit, so I'm certain it'll get a lot of use this week!

xo

Lori

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lori! It was great hearing from you! That treehouse is amazing! Did he purchase plans for that? Unfortunately we don't have "trees" here in FL... We've talked about building a little house of some sort, but that is like a mini resort! Great job Kyle!!!
    Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca, and nice to hear from you as well :) No, no plans...he drew some up himself which I posted in May. It came out a little bigger than expected, but no complaints here!

      Delete