About Me

My photo
Thanks for visiting! My name is Lori and I am married to my high school sweetheart and have 2 beautiful girls. What is 'Life With Sugar & Spice'? It's a blog where I will share everything from my faith in Jesus Christ and my girls (sugar and spice) to thrifting and decorating! I started it as a way to showcase our everyday life to family out of town!
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

We're Hanging In There

I thought I should update y'all on how we're doing.

Welp, not much has changed.  The Hubs got word this week that a job we had been praying over for 2 weeks did not go through.  He has taken it really well, but I'm sure it's more to keep me comforted.

God is providing. 

Thankfully, his unemployment finally got approved and his previous company sent him a check for a partial week of vacation.  Such a blessing.

Hubs also spent the 2 weeks building his grandmother a small porch off the back of her house.  She's been begging him to take on the project, but there just hasn't been time until now.  Meme was very generous in compensating him for his labor.
not a final picture, but just had to share!

She also gave us money to fix the beautiful crack in my beloved (hee, hee) van's windshield that was the result of a 2x4 being shoved into it!  And in case you're wondering, yes, I'm still driving it....cracked windshield and all.

The Hubs confessed that he had a really difficult time turning in our September tithe check knowing we had very little savings.  In obedience to God, he wrote the check and turned it in last week.  Words cannot describe how proud I was.

We received an encouraging card in the mail and a generous gift card just a few days later.  It brought tears to my eyes and humbled me immensely.  God is so good!

We have been fairly busy with all sorts of committments...youth activities, school stuff, birthday parties, dinners with friends and sleepovers.  I truly believe it's God's way of keeping us from focusing on ourselves.  We've had very little time to sulk and have self pity.

I'd lie if I didn't say that I'm tired and weary.  Tired of trying to hold it all together and be strong on days my husband needs me to be.  To keep finding joy even when I just want to stay in bed. Holding back the tears when someone asks how I am.  Tired of suppressing every want and desire of all things material.  Tired of praying for the same thing for the last 2 years.

But thankfully, on days when I just want to give up, God gives me the encouragement I need.

I found this verse on a friend's facebook wall and have been reading it almost daily:

"In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.  These have come so that your faith, of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire-may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed."  1Peter 1:6-7

God is providing and he is using this long time of trials and grief to build my faith.  To build the faith of my husband so that it may be proved genuine.  And in the day that this trial comes to an end, we will be able to give all the glory and praise to him.

xo

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment