About Me

My photo
Thanks for visiting! My name is Lori and I am married to my high school sweetheart and have 2 beautiful girls. What is 'Life With Sugar & Spice'? It's a blog where I will share everything from my faith in Jesus Christ and my girls (sugar and spice) to thrifting and decorating! I started it as a way to showcase our everyday life to family out of town!
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Baptism Blessings

Sunday I was blessed by watching 7 of our sweet kids that I teach on Sunday get baptised.  Watching those sweet kiddos get up and profess their faith in Jesus Christ brought me to tears as it always does.   It was as if I was watching my own babies go under that water and I could not have been prouder!

Rylie baptism 2011
As I watched those sweet faces yell out that Jesus Christ was their savior, God spoke to me.  I know that he has me exactly where I'm supposed to be at church.  Some days I want to just sleep in.  Some days I don't want to sit with squirming first graders constantly telling them to pay attention.  Some days I just want to hang out and chat after service instead of ducking out early to grab coffee and head into greet my kids.  Some days I feel so insignificant as I sit alone in service while the  Hubs serves behind me running the lights.  Some days I feel like the kids could not care less what I say.


Chloe, baptism 2008
But when I saw my babies (well, other people's babies) standing for Christ, I knew that I am significant in God's plan of planting seeds and sharing his love to families who need it.  Whether I'm correcting squirmy first graders, leading kids in silly birthday songs, or praying with them, I am part of God's plan just where I am.  It's not about me, it's about him!

xo

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment