About Me

My photo
Thanks for visiting! My name is Lori and I am married to my high school sweetheart and have 2 beautiful girls. What is 'Life With Sugar & Spice'? It's a blog where I will share everything from my faith in Jesus Christ and my girls (sugar and spice) to thrifting and decorating! I started it as a way to showcase our everyday life to family out of town!
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 14, 2012

Celebrate Freedom 2012


 Labor Day weekend we partook in a n Atlanta tradition:  Celebrate Freedom. It's the largest free concert in Metro Atlanta and features Christian singers and a bazillion jumpies, food vendors, and games. 

As you can imagine, it attracts a huge crowd and the Hubs...he doesn't like huge crowds.  The sweet man agreed to the event since we were invited by Bestie S and her sweet family.  She ventured out hours before us and grabbed us a "spot" to put chairs.  Of course we couldn't see the stage, but we could get a glimpse of the screens and the music was loud enough to hear.


We only managed to weather the heat wave and crowds for about 4 hours, but we did manage to snag an autograph from the guys of Sanctus Real.







Our view of the stage...or screen!

 Bestie S's son managed to squeeze a couple chairs into the arena so we visited him for a few minutes so that C could see the band. 
I couldn't resist taking a picture of this guy's mowhak!
 


We enjoyed ourselves, but I'm not so sure we'll be partaking in the tradition next year. I'm totally content listening to my music via ipod, or radio!

xo

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment