About Me

My photo
Thanks for visiting! My name is Lori and I am married to my high school sweetheart and have 2 beautiful girls. What is 'Life With Sugar & Spice'? It's a blog where I will share everything from my faith in Jesus Christ and my girls (sugar and spice) to thrifting and decorating! I started it as a way to showcase our everyday life to family out of town!
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Annual Beach Vacation

Every year we enjoy a week, or two, at the beach with my family. It is typically the craziest week as we pack a ton of family into a two bedroom beach condo! This year it was back to Hutchinson Island for some turtle watching and all things sun, sand, and water.


I absolutely love it! We spend time with grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles, and we make some fabulous memories that I cherish all year long.



This year we spent a ton of time with my sweet 3 year old niece. Since we don't see her often, she typically is scared of us for about half the week which just kills me! I'm proud to say that this time, she warmed right up and latched herself onto my girls and didn't want to leave. We enjoyed her immensely and we miss her terribly!


We had a blast! And, for the first time in a long time, I actually played in the ocean. I mean, really played! Jumped the waves, rode the boogie board, and literally swam with the millions of tiny fish that swam through us daily. I said good-bye to the blow-dryer and flat iron (which if you know me is quite extraordinary), as well as make-up! It was so freeing to just get in there and be the "fun, cool" mom and get dirty! Of course that is why you will not see one picture of me from the beach.....but it was absolutely worth it!








No comments:

Post a Comment