About Me

My photo
Thanks for visiting! My name is Lori and I am married to my high school sweetheart and have 2 beautiful girls. What is 'Life With Sugar & Spice'? It's a blog where I will share everything from my faith in Jesus Christ and my girls (sugar and spice) to thrifting and decorating! I started it as a way to showcase our everyday life to family out of town!
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 8, 2011

First day of School

We finally began our first day of "home"school! It was a light day with mainly organizing, figuring out what book goes with each subject and reading lesson plans. It was a great way to ease into it, but let's just say I wasn't as organized as I thought. My dining room, a.k.a. school room, looked like a bomb went off. I was too embarrassed to snap a close up picture, but believe me, it was BAD! Real BAD!

As for the actual learning part (that's what we're supposed to do, right?), the girls did great! Chloe had a few subjects to read and some light math. Rylie had almost nothing to do and was rather mad about it. I assured her that it wouldn't stay like that for long.



I considered the day a success. No whining, I didn't melt down, and I remembered to serve them lunch....after the principal (my husband) reminded me that it was almost 1:00 p.m. Ooops! Guess mommy needs a timer.



We are super excited for the rest of the week and our first day of home "school"....the first day of class at the school we are signed up with. Of course I am excited since I get the day off from teaching :)

No comments:

Post a Comment