About Me

My photo
Thanks for visiting! My name is Lori and I am married to my high school sweetheart and have 2 beautiful girls. What is 'Life With Sugar & Spice'? It's a blog where I will share everything from my faith in Jesus Christ and my girls (sugar and spice) to thrifting and decorating! I started it as a way to showcase our everyday life to family out of town!
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Verse to Live By

It's been a crazy week at our house as we adjust to a new "normal" which includes homeschool and a new job for me! Needless to say, it has been exciting, frustrating, emotional, and fabulous all at the same time.

Luckily, God knows what I need! While visiting with some fabulous friends this weekend, I noticed my dear friend Ashley had a Bible verse above her kitchen sink (as well as others posted all over the house). I read it and thought that it was such a great verse. Little did I know that the next day I would be pulling out my bible, searching for it, and calling on it for strength!

So, here it is....the verse that got me through my Monday and my not so great homeschool day:

"Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God." 2 Corinthians 3:5

God reminded me as my dear Chloe and I struggled through math work that our abilities come from Him....and He will give us the competence to get through all that was in front of us.

This verse is now written on our white board to remind me that God will give me the competency to homeschool and I will give all the glory to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment