About Me

My photo
Thanks for visiting! My name is Lori and I am married to my high school sweetheart and have 2 beautiful girls. What is 'Life With Sugar & Spice'? It's a blog where I will share everything from my faith in Jesus Christ and my girls (sugar and spice) to thrifting and decorating! I started it as a way to showcase our everyday life to family out of town!
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Just Like You

Each morning I try and rise earlier than the girls to just sit and be still.  I complete my daily devotional and have time with the Lord to renew my strength.

This morning God reminded me of what an incredible job he has entrusted me with in raising my girls.  It's not a job I take lightly, but I must admit there are times when I let the world get the best of me.  Times when I let the world tell me that my life is about me and what I need and not what God has planned.

Right now, God's plan is to raise my girls to serve him.  To teach them about the amazing love God has for them and that he has a plan for each of them.

This weekend I spent a day with Chloe and we ran several errands.  One of which was to the Clinique counter...yes a girl needs make-up ya know!  As we arrived home, she was quick to sort through the 'free gift' in the cute little bag and ask what she could have.  I gave her a few things I didn't want.

After a few minutes she came down stairs.  I was surprised at her transformation...she was wearing a skirt, my necklace, a belt and make-up!  Wow!  Not the little 10 year old that was just in front of me.  What surprised me more was her answer when I asked why she had "transformed"....it was "because I want to be pretty like you mommy!"

As I reflect on  that moment, it hit me.  She is watching everything I do.  She is listening to everything I say. She is studying me.  Even when she may be frustrated at being stuck with her mom all day, she is still longing to grow up and be like me.

So, is there anything more important in this world than being with my girls and serving my husband?  No!  Do I deserve to do what I want when I want to?  No!  I have a lot of work to do.  It's my job to teach my girls about a life devoted to our amazing God. 

Am I saying that a mom can't have time to herself?  No, I'm not.  What I am saying is that I know my energy should be spent on my girls, because in a flash they will be grown!  My life needs to show my girls what a life living according to God's standards looks like.

My prayer for today comes from Proverbs 31:28, "her children will rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her."

I count it as an honor to have my girls say that they want to be "just like mommy" and I pray God will help me to be the mommy that honors Him!





No comments:

Post a Comment