About Me

My photo
Thanks for visiting! My name is Lori and I am married to my high school sweetheart and have 2 beautiful girls. What is 'Life With Sugar & Spice'? It's a blog where I will share everything from my faith in Jesus Christ and my girls (sugar and spice) to thrifting and decorating! I started it as a way to showcase our everyday life to family out of town!
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Bragging on the Hubs

I just have to brag on my dear husband whom is the Mr. Handy and can fix just about anything.  While he was unemployed, he took on a project for his grandparents.  A HUGE project.  I wanted to share his handiwork because I'm pretty darn proud of him.

His grandparents are sweet dear souls and are in their 80's.  They needed a bathroom update and didn't want to spend a fortune making a shower that was more accessible so they enlisted the help of their favorite grandson!

Here is the before:



 The shower was the size of a small closet.  In fact, that's what it would become later. 


No need for a garden tub, so that would come out and be replaced by a shower.  The commode is behind that little wall and it would stay put.  The sinks and vanity are to the right in this picture facing the tub.

Now for the demo, and framing stage:











 The old shower is now a linen closet.  Can you believe how tiny it was?




 Here you can see the vanity.  While the layout isn't a dream, he worked with what he had along with Grandma's requests...whatever Meme wants, Meme gets!

 The new shower reflects in the mirror...you can see all the framing work that had to be done.

 The new shower floor and step...ideally it would have been nice to have a zero entry to the shower, but it just didn't work out.  Meme also picked out some divine tile....I was so jealous when she brought them home!

You'll have to wait for the big reveal!  Now, I must finish schooling the girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment