About Me

My photo
Thanks for visiting! My name is Lori and I am married to my high school sweetheart and have 2 beautiful girls. What is 'Life With Sugar & Spice'? It's a blog where I will share everything from my faith in Jesus Christ and my girls (sugar and spice) to thrifting and decorating! I started it as a way to showcase our everyday life to family out of town!
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dasher's New Home

Remember our cute little turtle the girls talked daddy into before Christmas? Well, he has been moved a few times and I have finally found the perfect spot.  Of course, the only problem was that I didn't have a piece of furniture to house him and he was NOT going on the countertop!  No way!

My dear friend who also gave me my newly redone buffet/homeschool storage, gave me an old filing cabinet.  I decided to spruce it up and make it look beautiful!  Out came the paint and a week later (yes, a week), Dasher had a new home.


Sorry I do not have a before picture.  Let me assure you that it was an old laminate ugly, beat up, dark cabinet.  I primed it and painted it the same color as the dining room.  Then sanded the edges and sprayed the handled an brownish bronze color.  So much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment