About Me

My photo
Thanks for visiting! My name is Lori and I am married to my high school sweetheart and have 2 beautiful girls. What is 'Life With Sugar & Spice'? It's a blog where I will share everything from my faith in Jesus Christ and my girls (sugar and spice) to thrifting and decorating! I started it as a way to showcase our everyday life to family out of town!
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Funk



I have a confession.  I am in a funk.  A BIG funk.  I can't put my finger on it, but I'm just not myself.  I'm tired and worn out.  I'm not sure if it's the overwhelming feeling of uncertainty regarding the Hubs job.  Or if it's fear of not having medical insurance.  Or it could be our dwindled savings account and all the moo-la we've had to dump into our vehicles lately.  Or maybe it's the extra poundage hanging around my middle (yes, I promise there is).  Or it could also be the fact that the homeschool thing isn't what I imagined it to be.

Whatever the main cause is, I know that this restless feeling is not from God.  I know that I need to take time to be still and give all my worries and cares to him.  I need to pour my confessions to Him and seek peace in scripture. 

I am thankful that he gives me small moments to remind me that it will get better.  Moments like last Friday when I awoke to find Ry working on her schoolwork alone.  Without prompting or direction she got her little self up and went downstairs to complete whatever she could.  It was exactly the mommy moment I needed to bring a smile to my face.  And it was enough to get me through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment