About Me

My photo
Thanks for visiting! My name is Lori and I am married to my high school sweetheart and have 2 beautiful girls. What is 'Life With Sugar & Spice'? It's a blog where I will share everything from my faith in Jesus Christ and my girls (sugar and spice) to thrifting and decorating! I started it as a way to showcase our everyday life to family out of town!
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Cloudy with a Chance of Rain

If you live in or near Atlanta, you know how unpredictable the weather is.  And there's a saying here that goes something like this, "if you don't like the weather today, don't worry, it'll change tomorrow."  Not sure who told me that, but I've heard it more than once!

The forecast Friday night was cloudy with a 30% chance of rain.  That usually means, it's not going to rain.  With that in mind, the girls and the Hubs decided to have their first ever sleepover in the treehouse.  Ry had made a huge pile of blankets, sleeping bags, and about 8 pillows in preparation for the big night.

I, in case you were wondering, was NOT participating in the sleepover.  Besides, there wasn't enough room.  Darn!

At about 9pm they all headed outside, made all the beds, and got comfy.  I decided to sleep on the couch just in case someone needed me.  I'm not quite sure why, since the Hubs insisted I lock all the doors and set the house alarm.  I mean seriously?  He was in a tree, I was in a house.  I love that man!

I awoke at 1am to thunder, lightening and rain.  Lots of rain.  And the radar showed strong storms lasting maybe an hour.  So much for 30% chance of rain.  I covered my family in prayer and then texted the Hubs to make sure all was well.

Needless to say, the girls were quite frightened and some rain was coming inside.  However, they weathered the storm and stayed out all night.  I was so proud of my girls!  They came in the house full of energy and wide awake at 7:30 am talking of their adventurous sleepover. How they all ended up on Daddy's twin air mattress, that their beds were hard, that the rain got Daddy wet and how funny it was!






I'm pretty sure that they'll be exhausted tonight and it just might take the Hubs a few days to recover.  But it was all worth it!  Seeing those sweet faces all excited was such a great start to my day.

xo

Lori

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! You're a great daddy Kyle!!! Miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete