About Me

My photo
Thanks for visiting! My name is Lori and I am married to my high school sweetheart and have 2 beautiful girls. What is 'Life With Sugar & Spice'? It's a blog where I will share everything from my faith in Jesus Christ and my girls (sugar and spice) to thrifting and decorating! I started it as a way to showcase our everyday life to family out of town!
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Eighty-Three & Eighty-Eight

Y'all should know by now that any post titled with a number is either about a birthday or anniversary.  I'm so original, aren't I?

Over the last month we've celebrated the birthdays of both the Hubs' grandparents.  Meme turned 83 and Papap turned 88.  It's such a blessing for the girls to have 2 sets of great grandparents to love on them.

Meme and Papap live just down the road and they are sweet as pie and it's hard to believe that they are in their eighties with as active as they are.  Papap still climbs ladders and attempts to mow the lawn even though the Hubs does it for him.  Crazy, he is!  And Meme keeps the cleanest house ever!  Still gets on her hands and knees to clean those floors.  A woman after my own heart. 

They both light up when we come for a visit and they love my girls to pieces.  Makes me smile to see my sweet girls loving on their great grandparents.

We enjoyed celebrating both their special days with old fashioned cake and ice cream fun.


Aren't they the sweetest couple ever?  Married 66 years this September.  They are such an amazing  example of what God intended marriage to be.  True love and dedication despite all circumstances.  I'm so thankful for that legacy.

Happy Birthday Meme & Papap!

xo

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment